Positive Material Identification (PMI)
PMI uses X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF Equipment) to quickly screen and identify metal alloy materials
Testing & Inspection
Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing
Positive Material Identification (PMI) is particularly suited for rapid quality screening from small to large volumes of metal alloy materials. ANDI’s trained technicians use X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) analysis to offer a fast and completely non-destructive analysis method to provide a precise record of metal components. We will provide you with a full report of each item with alloy element concentrates and material identification. Whatever industry you are in, alloy component reliability, traceability, and safety are of the utmost importance. Whether you need to test a few small fittings or hundreds of large items, a Positive Material Identification (PMI) and verification program can help reduce or eliminate costly alloy mix-ups. PMI can help improve product quality and safety and reduce downtime and costs to help ensure that your delivered or manufactured products are within specifications for the proper alloy mix. It will help ensure the safety of the products for your company and your clients, making it a cost-effective solution for your business.
- Identify and verify metal alloys with full chemical analysis
- Screen piping, fittings, and many other components for petrochemical industries, marine environment, manufacturing, engineering, product development, inspections, product in-storage verification, product delivery verification, and many more.
- Ensure correct metal alloy mix according to any specifications
- Test different alloy types of wires and solders as well as alloy products prior to repair, reuse, or recycling
- Analyze consumer products – including toys – for heavy metals
- Evaluate jewelry for gold, copper, and lead content, and gold jewelry for carat rating
- Our equipment is portable and can be used just about anywhere including factory floor, shipping docks, stockrooms, store counters, storage areas (interior/exterior), and more.
- PMI has many other applications. Contact us about the requirements for your specific conditions.
Advanced Non-Destructive Inc. (ANDI)
Customer satisfaction is key to our company’s success.
We strive to provide superior service to all our clients.