Positive Material Identification (PMI)
PMI uses X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF Equipment) to quickly screen and identify metal alloy materials
Testing & Inspection
Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing
For swift quality screening of metal alloy materials in NL, choose our specialized Positive Material Identification (PMI) services available near you. Our skilled technicians at ANDI employ X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) analysis, ensuring a rapid and non-destructive method for precise metal component assessments. Receive comprehensive reports detailing alloy element concentrations and material identification for each item.
Whatever industry you are in, alloy component reliability, traceability, and safety are of the utmost importance. Whether you need to test a few small fittings or hundreds of large items, a Positive Material Identification (PMI) and verification program can help reduce or eliminate costly alloy mix-ups. PMI can help improve product quality and safety and reduce downtime and costs to help ensure that your delivered or manufactured products are within specifications for the proper alloy mix. It will help ensure the safety of the products for your company and your clients, making it a cost-effective solution for your business.
- Identify and verify metal alloys with full chemical analysis
- Screen piping, fittings, and many other components for petrochemical industries, marine environment, manufacturing, engineering, product development, inspections, product in-storage verification, product delivery verification, and many more.
- Ensure correct metal alloy mix according to any specifications
- Test different alloy types of wires and solders as well as alloy products prior to repair, reuse, or recycling
- Perform non-destructive analysis of material composition using Xrf fluorescence spectroscopy, offering a versatile solution for on-site applications such as assessing metal alloys, analyzing consumer products, and evaluating jewelry for various elements.
- Analyze consumer products – including toys – for heavy metals
- Evaluate jewelry for gold, copper, and lead content, and gold jewelry for carat rating
- Our equipment is portable and can be used just about anywhere including factory floor, shipping docks, stockrooms, store counters, storage areas (interior/exterior), and more.
- PMI has many other applications. Contact us about the requirements for your specific conditions.
About XRF Analysis
XRF Analysis Equipment Overview: XRF analysis equipment, also known as X-ray Fluorescence spectrometers, is the cornerstone of our PMI and material analysis services. These instruments come in various forms to cater to different applications:
- XRF Spectrometers: XRF spectrometers are versatile instruments used for both qualitative and quantitative analysis of elements in various samples. They can be handheld for on-site applications, benchtop for laboratory precision, or even large-scale systems for comprehensive analysis. This technology is at the heart of our PMI services, ensuring that you receive accurate and detailed reports on the composition of your materials.
- XRF Analyzers: Our portable XRF analyzers are designed for real-time, on-site analysis, making them invaluable for applications such as PMI testing. Whether you’re in the mining, manufacturing, or environmental sector, these analyzers provide rapid results to aid in decision-making processes.
What Can XRF Detect: XRF analysis equipment is capable of detecting a wide range of elements, making it an indispensable tool for PMI and material analysis:
XRF equipment can accurately identify and quantify elements in samples, including metals, non-metals, rare earth elements, and heavy metals. This includes screening for heavy metals in consumer products, evaluating jewelry for metal content, and ensuring the correct alloy mix in industrial materials.
XRF Analysis Machine: Our XRF analysis machines are equipped with high-quality detectors that capture and measure emitted X-ray fluorescence. These detectors include solid-state and gas proportional detectors, ensuring the accuracy and sensitivity of our analysis.
What Is XRF Analysis: X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) analysis is a non-destructive analytical technique that utilizes high-energy X-rays to interact with sample atoms. This interaction results in the emission of characteristic X-ray fluorescence, which is then detected and analyzed to determine the elements present and their concentrations. It’s a powerful tool for identifying and quantifying materials’ elemental compositions.
Our XRF analysis equipment, in combination with our experienced technicians, ensures the highest level of accuracy and reliability in Positive Material Identification (PMI) and material analysis. Whether you require on-site analysis, laboratory precision, or have specific requirements, our XRF capabilities provide a cost-effective and comprehensive solution to meet your needs. Feel free to reach out to us to discuss how XRF analysis can benefit your industry and ensure the quality and safety of your materials and products.
Advanced Non-Destructive Inc. (ANDI)
Customer satisfaction is key to our company’s success.
We strive to provide superior service to all our clients.